Wednesday, July 28, 2010

8 days left...

I've had a really busy day so far. I woke up and did some chores around Grandma's house. I vacuumed, cleaned the bathroom, picked fruit to take home, watered the yard, and helped Grandma wash the bedding and make the beds. Then I packed up my car after lunch and filled up my gas tank. Then I drove to the cemetery. I had decided to go visit Grandpa's grave. Grandma is moving and this might be the last time that I head out in that direction for a long time. One look at Grandpa's gravestone brought tears to my eyes that spilled out and ran down my cheeks. I stood there talking to God for a while and thinking about memories that I have of my Grandpa. Then I got into my car and drove home. It feels good to be home. I'm really glad that I had the opportunity to go keep Grandma company and help her out. Even though I had to give up some things, I will never regret giving my time to her. It was a huge blessing to me as well as to Grandma.

I think I may be the luckiest girl alive...

No comments:

Post a Comment